Knee treatment at the Centre for Joint and Sport Surgery in the private Pyramide Klinik in Zurich
Osteoarthritis of the knee, meniscal tear, torn ligament, artificial knee joint, painful knee replacement
At the Centre for Joint and Sport Surgery at the private Pyramide Klinik am See in Zurich, PD Dr. med. Andreas L. Oberholzer offers a broad range of treatment options for osteoarthritis of the knee, meniscal tears and torn cruciate ligaments.
The focus is also on the treatment of problems around the kneecap as well as instability of the knee joint. Of paramount importance in the Centre is the special tissue-conserving and soft-tissue orientated surgical technique for insertion of an artificial knee joint.
As with all surgery, great importance is attached to biocompatible materials. Sound clarification and treatment of painful knee replacements are also paramount.
Osteoarthritis of the knee
Osteoarthritis of the knee is wear of the knee joint cartilage, whereby every person is prone to normal wear of joint cartilage. If the genetically predetermined impact-loading capacity of the cartilage is less than the actual load, damage to the cartilage can occur after impact load.
With advanced osteoarthritis of the knee the following symptoms may occur:
- Load-induced pain
- Movement-induced pain
- Start-up pain
- Inflammatory pain with articular effusion
- Deformation of the joint (bow legs or knock knees)
- Instability (unsteady gait with a risk of falling)
- Restricted movement
- Muscle tension, muscle contractions and muscle weakness
Further information on osteoarthritis of the knee
Treatment of meniscal tears, torn cruciate ligaments, painful knee replacement and knee instability
The following knee treatments are performed at the Centre for Joint and Sport Surgery in the private Pyramide Klinik am See in Zurich:
- Surgery for osteoarthritis with cartilage smoothing and removal of bone formation
- Joint replacement (surface replacement, partial or total knee replacement)
- Revision of a loose artificial knee joint
- Meniscal surgery with partial removal or suture
- Anterior and posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Corrective surgery for cartilage damage to the knee cap
- Cartilage/bone transplant for cartilage damage
- Axis correction on the knee with bow legs or knock knees
- Treatment of bone fractures to the knee cap or knee joint
- Treatment of tendon injuries to the knee
- Treatment of a painful artificial knee joint
Further information about our Centre for Joint and Sport Surgery can be found on our website: www.gelenk-sportchirurgie.ch.
PD Dr. med. Andreas L. Oberholzer and his team look forward to hearing from you at the Centre for Joint and Sport Surgeryat the private Pyramide Klinik am See in Zurich.